Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Ideas and Suggestions  ~  Meteor impacts.

Dan
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:25 am Reply with quote
I've noticed in the game you constantly see little meteors go past, it'd be interesting if there were less of them, but there was a chance they'd hit the asteroid and deform the terrain when they did, this'd make it really interesting and it'd force you to keep a look out in the sky.

Another feature, though kinda stupid is that as the timer goes lower you get closer and closer to a celestial body, which would make the timer make sense, you need to win before the asteroid hits something.
Dracus
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We have considered your first idea, it adds more atmoshere to the map but we will probably have it as an option as this randomness isn't so good in pro matches.
About the astroid hitting something could be cool, closing in on a planet or something, the astroid starts burning up in the atmoshere...

Dan
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Dracus wrote:
We have considered your first idea, it adds more atmoshere to the map but we will probably have it as an option as this randomness isn't so good in pro matches.
About the astroid hitting something could be cool, closing in on a planet or something, the astroid starts burning up in the atmoshere...

Yeah. =)

I really love astronomy, and it's fun to have an unrealistic world in which we can survive on as basis for a game, I presume you've also considered low gravity, as the asteroids are they're too small to have any reasonable force, but this would probably hinder gameplay which is why you most likely chose not to do it.
Daemon
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote
I like the idea of the asteroid closing in on a planet, but when it starts burning, would that start taking away from hp ? It would be a more realistic effect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Silverfish
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Daemon wrote:
I like the idea of the asteroid closing in on a planet, but when it starts burning, would that start taking away from hp ? It would be a more realistic effect.

I think it would be best if you just got a zoomed out view of the meteor when it starts to burn because that'd give the game a solid end signal. Otherwise you might wonder WTF is going on (you don't know what's going on really, just that you're burning and that you can't see shit), or you could just get cheap kills which isn't good either.

If you have the meteor rain the asteroid would also change even more randomly than before, I don't think that's a good thing since it's already disorienting without the rain.