Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Ideas and Suggestions  ~  Few ideas

AimForTheHead
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Great game by the way, I played for a bit and had a blast. Very unique. I think some things that would make it look really nice would be motion blur and destructible terrain(not just with that special weapon but possibly chunks of it get blown off with normal guns or something), you might have added it but I didn't notice or something. Anyways just some thoughts, keep up the good work! By the way, what engine do you use?
creamola
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:39 am Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks for your input, we're glad you liked the game so far Smile

We've had weapons like shotgun and minigun deform the terrain in the past but it raised the network load so much since the server had to send every small deform that was made to every player. If we can find a way to limit that load in a good way we will definitely put back regular weapon deforming.

I'm not sure if we already experimented with motion blur or not, I'll leave that question open for our programmer once he gets back.

The engine is completely written from scratch by us since there's no other engine capable of this kind of deformation system we are using and we are continously working with trying to improve it in various ways
AimForTheHead
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh I see, so is there a way to make custom maps?
Oh I forgot to mention. A ragdoll system would be awesome as well ^_^ Just some ideas though!
creamola
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:32 am Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Currently there is no editor completed but maps can be made ingame with the dirtgun in a special edit mode. This however requires quite alot of mixturing via the console. We're planning to either create a step-by-step guide for all the changes needed, or wait with it until we have a proper editor.

Yea, a ragdoll system would be awesome. We have quite a lengthy list on features we would like ingame but unfortunately, far from enough time to implement all of them.