Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  General  ~  Cheating. Have you been insulted yet?

Mr.Martin
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
Ok, just sitting here a 'lil board watching my wife and her girlfriend play... monopoly party. I check CI for the usual US 10-limit server, no one, go in anyway and eventually make a friend.

Usually I just like to goof around and chase others with the drill, I'll use guns on team matches as not to mess team play up, but one on one is free for all and eventually... 5 drillbits to the head on muffin**** to 4 poorly placed kills on me (took him long enough,) then I was accused of being a "damn cheater" and all I saw was tail.

HOW THE HECK AM I CHEATING... hah-rumph! then leave without my responding to that glove in the face? I don't REALLY care, but cut and run w/o humor = bad sportsmanship, has anyone else been slighted?

I don't want to know how, but does anyone cheat at this game? I've set the FOV at max, have DSL - so ping well on US servers, and before I lost my job, I'd bought a sweet new Gateway FX laptop w/ 8800GTS.. 4 gig.. dual core centrino (boo, i settled, $) - anyway, the computer keeps up w/ my frantic pecking at the touchpad, missing most opponents usually anyway.

Celestial Impact is the only game I play online anymore after a 5 year hiatus from a bad Counter Strike experience. Cheaters killed my competitive spirit and I'm still re-couping, I need a hug.
Stakhanov
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Might be US server specific Razz I've emptied my fair share of servers , but have never been called a cheater. Probably also because I don't have a very good aim and miss with the rail more often than not.
creamola
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
People mainly accuse people of cheating for two reasons.

1: They can't accept the fact that someone else is better than themselves
2: They can't find any other good excuse as to why someone, in spite of them beeing "the best in the world", kicks their asses hard.

Now CI has a pretty steep learning curve with the spherical gravity making enemies be able to assault from any direction. A somewhat skilled player can have quite a benefit over the less skilled since they can move around the map using the dirtgun properly and are better aware of the surroundings.
Also, for some reason, CI seems to attract lots of people who never played an FPS game before. Or atleast thats what I think after seeing countless of Hugo's that are having problems running around even on flat ground.

I think we should poke their eyes some more and make it even more humiliating beeing killed by the drill Smile