Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Ideas and Suggestions  ~  Vehicles and more Dirt Gun shapes?

Fussy/Richard
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: There is a english translation in my first reply. /Dracus

Tja ni underbara svenskar! Som första Post så har jag 2 idér.
#1.Fordon skulle va skit bra på Donot och kanske nån större bana om ni håller på med det.Typ en jeep eller kanske en liten enmanna borr?
#2.Dirt Gun formerna blir lite tråkiga efter en stund.
Jag tänkte att man borde ha en fönster form och kanske en lång tub form för tunnlar?
Jag har en till ide BTW.Dynamiskt Armor system. Typ man hittar en hjälm plockar upp den och *plop* Du har huvud skydd. Du ser en harnesk plockar den *plop* Kropps skydd.
Ja tackar iförväg och tackar för detta underbara spel!
MVH Fussy/Richard.
Silverfish
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
You might not have noticed yet but this forum is entirely in English, I suggest you follow the trend.
Dracus
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quick and dirty translation of the suggestions:

#1. Vehicles would be great on Donot and maybe some bigger map you might work on. Like a jeep or a small one-man drill?

#2. The dirtgun shapes gets a little boring after a while. Maybe a window shape and/or a long cylinder for tunnels?

#3. Dynamic armor system. You can pickup seperate armor pieces like a helmet or a bodyarmor etc.

Dracus
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Kul att du gillar spelet! Smile

We havn't planned any vehicles and I think it would be hard to use on a constantly changing map.

Do you want different shapes in regular game or just in forge? We could add more shapes to forge, but very detailed ones are hard as the deforms can't be to small.

Dynamic armor system sounds cool but I don't think we will implement it. I don't think it would add anything to the gameplay but thats just what I believe.

M3phisto
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
an how about flying with the space ships which ever fly over the cristals in ctf mode? maybe a jeep would be senseless but a motorcycle would fit better.
Stakhanov
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
Wheeled vehicles are silly for the chaotic shapes of Celestial Impact maps. However , if you could implement something like the necris spider things in Unreal Tournament 3... instant awesomeness.
M3phisto
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
"spider things" are like bots very hard to programm i think...but instant brings me to an idea. what about instant guns for ctf matches? the could be placed via dirtgun (like when un shot dirtgund on muschrooms the mushroom gets on top of the dirtgun hill) it shouldnt also not to be to hard to programm.
Mr.Martin
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Is there going to have to be like a freakin video at the start of the game to give some back story why one shouldn't boo-hoo over the missing atomic-war-scooters obviously overlooked by these useless, overpaid developers? Don't let the joke pass you by..

Rare weapons could make up for any vehicle complaints, isn't something special all people want? grappling hook, bamboo boogie boots (faster, or more creative travel options,) perhaps a small pic displayed over a players face, a tag on the back/chest.

As for dirtgun shapes, creativity? It's not a cure all, shoot someone! However, it would be interesting to avoid shots by clicking in front of yourself to conjure up a large shape of a cat licking it's crotch, all spread eagle. lol, I need to make a map now Idea