Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Ideas and Suggestions  ~  Dirt add/remove

Daemon
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
I noticed that while you can add/remove dirt in the game, you can add more dirt than you can remove. I think it would greatly help if u can remove dirt all the way to the other side. Like the little kid idea of digging to China, you can go all the way through the asteroid at the other side. This would allow you to hollow out the inside of the asteroid. Maybe you dont want a surface battle, so you digg deep inside the asteroid and just remove everything. This also would go more with my idea of being able to save your maps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Silverfish
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote
If you would be able to dig away the core you would just fall and fall and fall forever towards the core since there would be nothing to stand on. It's possible to make the core very small though but it would always have to be something.
Dracus
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Yes if you get to the center of gravity you can't get out. In our new linear gravity though you can remove anything as you just fall and die if you have nothing to stand on.

You can now remove dirt with the dirtgun, the melee and the grengun. We plan to increase the amount removed for each impact for the melee and the grengun.

Silverfish
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote
Dracus wrote:
We plan to increase the amount removed for each impact for the melee and the grengun.

Yeah it'd be cool if the grengun actually changed the environment, ATM it just looks cool.
sciman
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
the melee weapon does look a lot like a drill to me, perhaps it should be able to drill thru dirt a lot faster then any other weapon, and automatically create a charecter-sized hole in the ground or tunnel underground? as opposed to the current one that more often then not ends up crushing you inside the too-small tunnel it currently makes
Dracus
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Currently we don't have a plan for an update, but I do agree with you that the melee should deform more. We will take this into consideration for the next update. Thanks for the input!