Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Maps  ~  Map Building for noobs

M3phisto
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
is there a Map-Building Programm or something like that? I cant program but i would like to build maps for ci.
creamola
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
All maps are currently made using the ingame Forge mode.

The harder part is beeing able to create the world script for your map. This requires no programming at all, just specifying of a few parameters and coordinates that can be made in a textfile.

See this post for a guide to creating the world script file as well as a complete example: http://forum.celestialimpact.com/viewtopic.php?t=34
Just copy the example and replace the values to match your map preferences.

Solivagus_Ursus
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:09 am Reply with quote
How can I set the spawn point for the forge mode? It's a bit of a pain to hike in the initial stages and I'd like to be able to start at a certain point. Also what about deathmatch? I know deathmatch would be bad with a specific point but I'd still like to set specific zones. And lastly will we be able to set weapon spawn points at some point. It's cool as is on a open terrain but for sub levels it discourages alternate paths.

BTW I absolutely love this game/proggie and you guys are geniuses. Not to mention it mimics a certain Proffessional game that recently came out but your design beats it hands down. ^_^
creamola
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Glad you enjoy the game as much as we do Smile
We were working on this game around 6 months before said proffessional game was even announced so we like to feel that they are mimicing us but they failed in the part to also make it fun to play Smile

Unfortunately you can't set a spawn point other than setting out crystal capture zones for ctc (in which the players spawn around that zone).

Setting out weapon spawning points is something we've been wanting to implement as it opens up for alot more ways to design a map. We haven't had the time to implement it though.

If you feel it's slow to hike around I suggest you turn on noClip simply by typing noclip in the console.
That way you are able to fly around wherever you want. If flying around is also too slow for you, you can adjust the noclipspeed using the c_noclipspeed command in the console.