Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Ideas and Suggestions  ~  Your idea of weapon secondary fire

creamola
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are currently looking into the idea of adding secondary fire to all weapons and we'd like to hear what you would like to see. If we see something we just can't resist, we might add it.

Adding secondary fire to the current weapon setup requires that the new functions are balanced with the old one. If a suggestion is alot stronger and better than the primary fire for that weapon it needs to be penalized in some way. For example:

Weapon: Shotgun
Secondary fire: Fire two shots at once but with longer recovery than the primary fire. Uses twice the amount of ammunition.

The weapons that can have a secondary fire are:
Melee, minigun, shotgun and the grenade launcher

The railgun and the dirtgun already have a secondary fire that can't be changed.

Silverfish
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I've got three ideas.

1. Grenade launcher
Shoot mines that can be triggered by touch or by being shot, maybe a limit of 10 mines per player or less. Fire rate about half of the primary fire of the grenade launcher.

2. Melee
A energy burst that can be used to push other players, mines, and be used to jump higher and avoid fall damage. I know the dirtgun can do high jumps too but maybe instead of using it at the same time you jump you do it in mid air to get a little hoover-boost effect to make the jump last longer. I think the fire rate should be pretty low, maybe two or three second cooldown.

3. Minigun
Stronger shots with lower rate of fire that isn't instant but the shots go slower in the air, one shot maybe should take more ammo.

Nice to see you listen to the community! Smile
Vesuvius
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Melee Secondary:

I think this should aid your ability to move around the map. Maybe it should dig? Maybe some sort of grappling hook to pull you up to higher locations? Maybe what Silverfish said for it?

Minigun secondary:

Shots that bounce a few times but use more ammo or do less damage.

Shotgun secondary:

Fires bomblets that act as mines.

Grenade Launcher secondary:

Flash bangs!
Fluguber
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
1 Drill: Some Sort Of Dirt Grabing Thing To Pick Up A Ball Of Dirt Then Drop it, No Recharge...

2 Minigun: Fast Fireing But Inacuret Shots, Near Instant Recharge...

3 Shotgun: Fires Two Shots At Once, Medium Recharge...

4 Grengun: Fires All Remianing Shots In The Clip Very Quickly With More Damage, Very Long Recharge Time...
pasta
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Jun 2008 Posts: 24 Location: Trollhättan, Sweden
Daamn I really like this game and the expectations about what I'll be able to see in the future are big, and I'd be happy to help so here are some suggestions:
with the grenade launcher you could be able to fire shells with: 1. poison xxx 2. smoke and for the minigun you could do: 1. so that it spins backwards like in unreal tournament I don't know why but it's cool anyways
2.or have a small zooming aim not as much as with the railgun but at least a little.
3.or that it goes much faster but less accurately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pasta
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Jun 2008 Posts: 24 Location: Trollhättan, Sweden
Ok thx Very Happy

Alfredaren
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stakhanov
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Would it be possible to implement alternate ammo ? Something like War§ow's strong ammo (slightly better than default) that could use the secondary fire.

Melee : electrical charge , very short range high damage strike with long cooldown. Good for ambushing / dropping down on targets. Less damage over time than primary fire (but can be combined)

Minigun : slower firing piercing rounds with high kickback (to knock snipers off their dirt tower)

Shotgun : actually the double damage / double reload time power shot sounds good , if it needs special ammo. High kickback would be fitting too.

Grenade launcher : kamikaze mode ! If you pick up a detonator , you can blow yourself up (and nearby enemies) after a short countdown. The force of this blast would vary with the number of grenades in your ammo reserve. Makes for some nice teamwork in Crystal Round games.
LuckyStrike
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
for grenade, none instant nade that bounce for secondary fire (explode after 3 sec or if someone go on them). Good for hole hidding. And its fun to have some half luck frag after a bounce.

Shotgun : Double fire is ok

Minigun : Zoom or higher power, slower shot are ok
wiimario
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
shotgun: shoot one ball like the secondary fire of the flak cannon of UT2003 medium range an medium damage
melee: energy shield (only front)
grenlauncher:fire a granade that bounce while touching walls (no power difference)
Rifle: flamethower (high damage bu very small range)

for the developers. could you give me some weapon models of the game i'ts only to study they animations