Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  Ideas and Suggestions  ~  Wonderful game, a few things

Blinx636
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote
This game is one of the most original, and fun, games I have played in quite a while. Me and my friend played on it for quite a while today, and came up with a few ideas:

First, it would be really awesome if the dirt gun had a changeable reticle size. What I mean, is that you could change how much dirt is placed/removed. Currently, the diameter of the circle is about 3/4 the size of a player. Could it be adjustable down to about the size of a player's head? This would allow for much finer creation and digging of dirt, allowing peepholes, stairs, and other small things to be created with ease. The size could perhaps be controlled by pressing Q and moving the mouse wheel up or down.

Second, in a future installment, could a map be made which is just a large, featureless sphere? This map would be more suited for building with the dirt gun, as tunnels could be carved out and towers could be built up.

Finally, when you make a server, could there be an adjustable value for how fast the dirt gun's ammo regenerates? For building servers, this would be incredibly useful.

Thanks for reading.
Dracus
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We have been thinking about a "Sandbox" mode where you just can build stuff. Right now you cant change the amount of dirt for the dirtgun. But you can get something similar to what you want. If you start your own server write the command createBall in the console and a value between 2-20 will give a simple spheric map with the diamater you choose. Then you can write sg_skipReload 1 , that will give you really fast ammo regeneration Smile. Changing sg_timeLimit to 0 and sg_rules to DM will make sure the map never restart so you don't lose anything you created.

If you can't somehow create a server, if I see you play I can change the settings for you on one of our servers.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dan
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
There's a concommand called giveammo, so just type giveammo all in the console to get 50 dirtgun ammunition, when I did this the game glitched and I never ran out of ammo, hehe.
Dracus
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 54 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Dan I need to be sure, there is a command give, did you really write giveammo together? Had you set sg_skipReload 1 before else it shouldn't stay at 50... I couldn't redo what you say you did so please be more detailed if it is a bug.

Dan
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
Dracus wrote:
Dan I need to be sure, there is a command give, did you really write giveammo together? Had you set sg_skipReload 1 before else it shouldn't stay at 50... I couldn't redo what you say you did so please be more detailed if it is a bug.

It could have been give allammo, I can't be totally sure, but I am sure I had infinite ammo, for example, I'd fire and it went to 49, 48 47 then back to 50 again.