Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  General  ~  User Selected .ogg?

ShinyPenni
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Just asking a quick question, (hope this goes in this topic...) but I was wondering, is there a way to have your own .ogg for the music to play in the map? I understand that user created maps have their own folder... but what about the music?
I mean, if maps are: [maps/map.vo2(or .world)], then shouldn't the music folder be like: [music/sound.ogg] too? (or is this not implanted as of yet?)
I figured it could have more personality to the map itself and be unique in it's own way.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
You should be able to specify your own ogg file already. Just edit the musicPath in your world script to maps/music/musicfile.ogg or wherever you want your music file to be located.

ShinyPenni
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
Well, I've done something like that, but I put it under the sound/music/song.ogg and in the .world script I changed the line so it read the same location, but it popped up in the console menu saying this:
Error: SND_BeginStream: Could not open file "music/space01.ogg"

So seems like either I'm doing something wrong and don't see it, or it's the .ogg file itself.

Thanks for help though.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I think you have to have the /sound folder inside the /maps folder for the file to be read. If I remember correctly the game only scans the maps folder apart from it's own .pak folders.

Try do it with "maps/sound/music/space01.ogg" instead and let me know if it works.

ShinyPenni
Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is weird...
I was messing with the options in the create server, and I unchecked the "Pure Server" and guess what? I can hear the music now. Is it because a "Pure Server" uses only files related to the game itself, like the official files? That would make sense then since "Pure" means like the "True" or actual server and doesn't use other files... right?

(Currently, there's two folders: [maps/<maps>.ogg] and [music/<music>.ogg] and it's working now.)

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Yes, pure server means that it limits what files are read so that no modifications of the game files are possible (apart from the /maps folder that is).

It might be that the music is restricted to the pure server in a wrong way since it should actually be allowed to read it if it's in the /maps folder. I will forward this question to Coorn.

ShinyPenni
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
For a while there I thought I just did it wrong the first time and it started to work now, but since I know now that it's due to the "Pure" server then I can at least uncheck it then. Thanks very much for the help by the way.