Celestial Impact Forum Index

<  General  ~  Is this game rip?

M3phisto
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote
No new downloads the forum posts are a few months old... has this game finally gone rip? Sad

mods ur still there?
Sad
creamola
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Yes we are still here Smile

The game is definitely not rip, we are still hosting servers 24/7 so it will remain alive as long as there are people willing to play it Smile
However, all further development have been put on hold for an unspecified amount of time.
The three of us who have been doing most of the work on the game (me, coorn and dracus) don't have the same time to spare now compared with when we were still studying.

The thought of picking up development of this (or development of a CI-2) is still with us but lies in hibernation til a better time comes up.

M3phisto
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear that... i realy like the game but noone plays it...
Once postet a review a gamer forum...

Currently i am informing myself about porting this game to linux. Surely i wont be a great help doing that because i am a total noob....
jeah bringin this game to linux an bsd would give it much more players... Linux users arent this focused on graphics but on gameplay.

pls keep it up. maybe someday if i learned something about programming i can help you... (or maybe i could finally convert my programmer-friend to help you Very Happy )

@edit: a question above: with which libraries did you create the game? And which scripting language(s) did you utilise?
M3phisto
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
not much traffic here... game should be classified as Undead maybe....
creamola
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We'll haunt you night and day...

Sorry did not see your question in the edit until now Smile

The game is written completely in C and OpenGL. No particular scripting language was used. All scripts (material scripts, world scripts, sound scripts, particle scripts etc.) have been defined and interpreted using custom coded solutions.

I know that Coorn have mentioned porting to linux would not be too hard and that it would be the first thing he'd do if he ever had time for working on this game again. The source is not available yet and if you would want to attempt a port yourself you'll have to ask him about it.