100%
  [ 13 ]  100%

No  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
Daemon
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quote
In the forge mode u can add/remove dirt and shape the landscape the way you want it. I would like to be able to place starting locations, weapons, crystal locations, everything. Just more customizable so that players will take more time to create/edit maps.

Halo Wars, coming soon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vesuvius
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quote
It would be more convenient to set these in forge than it is to set them in the script.
creamola
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
Developer Joined: 04 Apr 2007 Posts: 136 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
This has been the intention all along. Currently creating maps aren't all that user friendly since you have to edit alot of stuff in the world script. We really do want to make the whole map creating process easy and completely from ingame.
This means dynamically placing out props, crystal locations and starting locations as well as adjusting certain parameters like which weapons are to spawn and default ruleset etc.

We have alot of things we want to do for future updates so I don't know when we're going to have time to implement this though. After all it is a pretty big change.

Silverfish
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
That's great man I'm really gonna look forward to this one!
sciman
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
creamola wrote:
We really do want to make the whole map creating process easy and completely from ingame.
This means dynamically placing out props, crystal locations and starting locations...

does that mean it would kind of work like Gmod? (Source engine's sandbox mod) because i find that using Gmod is very intuitive (hit one key to bring up a menu that lets u choose which props to spawn, and what constraints to use [could be dirtgun settings instead of tools menu])
denriktigapasta
Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
sciman wrote:

does that mean it would kind of work like Gmod? (Source engine's sandbox mod) because i find that using Gmod is very intuitive (hit one key to bring up a menu that lets u choose which props to spawn, and what constraints to use [could be dirtgun settings instead of tools menu])

I think its very hard to make a "Garys Mod" copy Razz but it would be awsome i agree. Very Happy